Apr 17 Update:
To the Former Employees of SNFW Fitness B.C. Ltd.
As you may be aware, The Bowra Group Inc. was appointed as Trustee (the “Trustee”) under the Notice of Intention (“NOI”) to File a Proposal to creditors for SNFW Fitness BC Ltd. (the “Company”) pursuant to the Bankruptcy and Insolvency Act on April 3, 2020
We understand the significant impact COVID-19 has had on everyone including the employees of SNFW Fitness B.C. Ltd (the “Company”).
The Company had to shut down operations on March 16, 2020 due to the COVID-19 pandemic and make the difficult decision to seek creditor protection by filing an NOI.
The NOI will provide the Company with the intention and time to formulate a restructuring plan and re-open operations once it is safe to do so when the COVID-19 restrictions are lifted.
The NOI does not mean that the Company is bankrupt or subject to Receivership proceedings. Accordingly, you are currently not eligible for the Wage Earner Protection Program (WEPP).
We refer you to the Government of Canada website link below and specifically to the “Who is eligible” section.
Please note that you are not required to file a Proof of Claim or other documents with the Trustee at this time.
Under NOI proceedings, Proof’s of Claim are not managed or accepted until the Company files a Proposal to its Creditors. Until such time as a Proposal to Creditors is filed by the Company or the stay of proceedings is terminated, we are not accepting Proof of Claims from any creditors including employees.
We understand the financial burden to everyone due to loss of employment, therefore, if you have not done so already, we strongly advise you to apply for the following government programs available to all employees who have lost their jobs due to COVID-19 or through no fault of their own:
- Employment Insurance Benefits
- Canada Emergency Response Benefit
- British Columbia Financial Supports in response to COVID-19
We will provide updates with respect to the restructuring activities and any future claims process with respect to the Company on our website at https://www.bowragroup.com/snfwfitnessbcltd.
Please be safe and thank you for your understanding.
Mar 24 Update:
Dayforce (Paystubs & T4): Your paystubs and T4(s) are available on Dayforce.
- Dayforce link: https://canr57.dayforcehcm.com/MyDayforce/MyDayforce.aspx
- Company Code: SNFW
- Username: Employee Number
- Password: Please email HR at firstname.lastname@example.org if you forget your username or password
Final Pay (club): Your final pay will be deposited on Mon, Mar 30. This includes: base pay for hours worked on March 16 – 18, commission for Mar 1 – 18 and vacation pay.
Record of Employment: Your ROE will be issued electronically to Service Canada on Tue, Mar 31. You’ll be able to view this on their website.
- Accessing Your ROE: Go to https://www.canada.ca/en/employment-social-development/programs/ei/ei-list/ei-roe/access-roe.html
- Note: Scroll down to Sign-In With Or Register For Gckey User ID & Password. Click Continue to GCKey (see below).
- Applying for Employment Insurance (EI): Go to https://www.canada.ca/en/services/benefits/ei/ei-regular-benefit/apply.html
- Note: The Reason Code on your ROE will be A – Shortage of Work. There is no “Reference Code”. To go to the next step, click “No”.
Benefits: RBC Benefits (dental, health & vision) will be effective until Mar 31, 2020.
Contact & Personal Information: Please log in to Dayforce and ensure your address, email and phone number are correct; update incorrect information via the forms function.
Personal Belongings: We’ll be communicating a schedule of when you may access the club to collect your personal belongings shortly.
Reopening: We expect to reopen our doors when it’s safe to do so. When we do, you’re encouraged to reapply. Please visit https://www.snclubs.com/ and click on “A Message from Management. This page will be updated as more information becomes available.
Additional Resources: Please regularly view the below links for the Federal and Provincial COVID-19 Economic Response Plan.
- Federal: https://www.canada.ca/en/department-finance/economic-response-plan.html
- Provincial: https://www2.gov.bc.ca/gov/content/safety/emergency-preparedness-response-recovery/covid-19-provincial-support
Please contact HR at email@example.com if you have any questions. We’ll answer these questions as more information becomes available.
To Our Team Members.
Thank you for your ongoing commitment to the company and our members. We’re committed to communicating to you updates as we navigate these difficult and unprecedented times. To view these communications, please log into your company email. Instructions are below:
Email/Webmail Link: http://webmail.snclubs.com
Username & Password: Enter your club username and password
If you forgot your username or password, please email IT at firstname.lastname@example.org
SNFW Fitness BC Ltd.